.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

PoliticalCommentariesCanada

Commentaries On: Canadian and International Political Issues, Legal Matters, Politicians and Other Rascals

Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Friday, August 09, 2019

The high price of avocadoes - what is this?

William Watson - What the high price of avocados has to do with market forces and the upcoming federal election

 see the August 6, 2019 article at:




https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/william-watson-what-the-high-price-of-avocados-has-to-do-with-market-forces-and-the-upcoming-federal-election

Apparently they are hi-priced.  I noticed.

Is it a fraud?  I don't know and neither does Mr. Watson.

So he says:

"But the campaign managers who read polls during election years are even more sensitive. Given the many products whose prices politicians do influence — health care, education, electricity, liquor, milk and many more — there’s a lot Canadian governments could do to lower prices. But instead of real action on those fronts I’m betting politicians do their own substitution: with an investigation into avocado prices."

I have my own take on it:

Fraudocadoes - that's the fruit of choice these days.  But it goes along with cheese, milk, chickens and pork in Liberal/Tory/NDP Canada.  Oops, I forgot celery and even cauliflower.  Fraud is epidemic in the lovely frozen north. That's Canadian policy, didn't you know?  A few years ago I bought a 5 pound bag of nice avocadoes in CA for $5.00.  We had beautiful quacamole that night and for days afterwards.  I also bought a $4.99 roasted chicken at Costco that was twice as big and more flavourful too boot than pigeons they rip us off for in Canada labelled as chickens  for $9.99, or even higher.  I also bought 6 bottles of Freixenet Cordon Negro for $4.95/bottle.  Those were heady days.  Then, of course, I returned home to the hell of Canada, thanks to the government's monopoly cartelization laws and ridiculously high tax rip-off for booze, loved by the Liberals, the Tories and our dearly beloved NDP communists.  Luckily I gassed up and bought a few $13.00 1.75 litre bottles of gin in Montana before heading home.  At least I could narcotize myself for a while with minimal pain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home