.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

PoliticalCommentariesCanada

Commentaries On: Canadian and International Political Issues, Legal Matters, Politicians and Other Rascals

Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Friday, January 15, 2010

A Curse On Them - Airline Security and Government Incompetence

Here we go again. I don't come this way very often these days, mostly because its such a waste of time, so I only do it when something really frosts my balls.

This time its the US, British, Canadian and other so-called democratic governments and their travel security wogs and their dreadful and dreary inpompetence and stupidity that has my goat.

As a senior citizen and a traveller - what else have I got to do with my time? - I would like to travel by air occasionally. However, no more. Luckily, I am healthy enough to be able to drive almost everywhere I want to go. Europe is too pass[eh], except for Eastern Europe and Turkey. So, I probably won't be flying there anymore. Mexico is too dangerous, what with the crooked and incompetent police and the super-violent drug trade. So I restrict myself to the continental US and Canada. Guess what? - I can drive anywhere in the US and Canada. It is still pleasant to do, the people are great, the border is not too much hassle, and the gas prices, motels, food and timeshares are OK.

I got nagged into agreeing to fly to Palm Springs this January. Never again. I told my wife - You fly down if you like! - then wait for me to drive down. She rapidly changed her tune for the next trip.

News to the airlines - fuck you. I am not going to subject myself to the delays, the hassles and the humiliations any more. It isn't worth it.

Last time I had the temerity to say this to some twit at WestJet she was upset that I had such an "anti-social" attitude [I should be grateful that they were caring for my security]. What crap!

First of all, the thing that precipitated this latest security atrocity was the idiot Islamist fanatic who was so incompetent and stupid that he burned himself on an airplane heading for Detroit at Christmas time. Of course, the world is full of idiot Islamist fanatics. The are mostly young and stupid, as well as suicidal [probably anxious to shuffle off this mortal coil in favour of cavorting with Muslim whores in "Paradise"]. Are we targetting these assholes as dangerous high-risk airline passengers? Nope. The European, the American and the Canadian authorities are so afraid of being labelled as not politically correct, they steadfastly ignore the obvious dangerous class of lunatics. Consequently, the ones that must be made to suffer are the law-abiding innocent travellers - senior citizens, babies, young children, and others, who must put up with increasingly stupid and still ineffective so-called "security" measures, just so the idiot bureaucrats can falsely claim they are doing "something" about the problem.

When was the last time a senior citizen of European ancestry, a baby, a child, even anyone else of European ancestry blew up an airplane? Would I be correct to say - never? So why are we targetted by the security dunderheads?

Secondly, in the case of the Detroit-bound asshole, he had already been identified to all of the relevant authorities by his father, well before he passed through one or more border security stations and got on the several airlines necessary to get from Europe to the plane about to land in Detroit. Does this also not reveal colossal bungling, incompetence, ineptitude, laziness, and other unknown forms of stupidity on the part of the paragons of security in several countries? So now, to compensate for the aforesaid incompetence, we, the aforesaid innocent travelling public, must suffer at the hands of the same idiots.

Thirdly, what is even worse, the many instances of Islamist attempts at violence, some immediately successful and others not so successful, have given our governments, police, judges and bureaucrats the excuses to strip away the hard-won civil liberties our civilization has fought for over many centuries, and impose aspects of a police state on us, such as spying on all citizens' communications, unconstitutional seizure of property and personal information, as well as arrest and detention without warrant or reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing based on real evidence, etc.

Please forgive me for the rant. But as you can guess, I am pissed off, not so much at the Islamofascists, but at our so-called "authorities" and "protectors". These people, like Stalin, Hitler, the Chinese Communists, the military dictatorship of Burma [Myanmar], and others like them, are as much enemies of the people and of democracy as the fanatical Islamists, but they are wolves in sheeps' clothing. Most of us are too lazy, ignorant or stupid to see it. A curse on such people and their friends and associates. May they burn in Hell forever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home